A new generation of business, community, and institutional leaders are ushering the city into its next phase of growth: Greenville will become a top-tier southern university-medical (uni-med) marketplace* that serves the eastern North Carolina region.
Greenville's strategic goals include:
- Recruit businesses in target sectors (see right tab) and/or that wish to locate in close proximity to a university or medical campus, at a downtown location, or along a major commercial corridor
- Develop retail to its full potential
- Enhance the city's infrastructure, transportation gateways, and commercial corridors
- Develop sports, recreational, arts, cultural, and entertainment offerings
- Revitalize Greenville's urban core
- Encourage mixed-use redevelopment including residential and major “anchor” projects.
*The uni-med marketplace is where the public university, the public-private medical sphere, and private commerce intersect – a catalyst for innovation, entrepreneurialism, and creativity, as well as health and information sciences, and technological experimentation, all supported by thriving sectors in finance, insurance, real estate (F.I.R.E.), retail, engineering, and construction.